COTTONTOWN/BELLEVUE ARCHITECTURAL CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Named for the many cotton warehouses that once stood here, Cottontown/Bellevue is an early twentieth-century downtown suburb developed just north of the original city boundaries. Today, it remains as a relatively intact example of one of Columbia's earliest planned, suburban residential neighborhoods. The neighborhood was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, and it was designated a local Architectural Conservation District in 2009. The bulk of its historic structures were built between the early 1900s and 1945.