- to advise the City of Columbia Transportation Planning team, City Council Members, the Mayor and community organizations and partners on bicycling and pedestrian issues facing the city and to work toward the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan: Walk Bike Columbia and any subsequently adopted bicycle and pedestrian plans or policies;
- to represent community and constituent interests in transportation planning decisions faced by City Council;
- to provide feedback to staff on projects relating to walking and bicycling. City of Columbia staff will consider recommendations from the BPAC along with input from other members of the public during decision making; and
- to develop and implement initiatives with Council support to improve upon the bicycle and pedestrian culture of the City of Columbia.
The BPAC generally meets the second Monday of every month. Meetings are open to the public.
It is the policy of the City of Columbia that all City-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in this meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call the City’s ADA Coordinator at (803) 545-3009 or e-mail [email protected] as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.
Upcoming Local Events
- 6th Annual Pedestrian & Bike Counts
- Weekday dates: September 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 7:30-9:30am
- Weekend dates: September 14, 16, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Park(ing) Day, September 20, 2019, 10am-4pm
- BPAC regular meeting, October 7, 2019, 4:30pm, Richland Library Main, Room 214
- BPAC regular meeting, November 18, 2019, 4:30pm, Richland Library Main, Room 214
- Christina Galardi, Co-Chair (October 2019)
- Gene Bell (October 2019)
- Ernest Grigg (October 2019)
- Fritz Hamer (November 2020)
- Chase Keibler (March 2022)
- George Kokolis (March 2022)
- Rip Sanders (November 2020)
- Cynthia Watson (March 2022
- Chrys Zouras (November 2020)