- to advise the City of Columbia Transportation Planning team, City Council Members, the Mayor and community organizations and partners on bicycling and pedestrian issues facing the city and to work toward the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan: Walk Bike Columbia and any subsequently adopted bicycle and pedestrian plans or policies;
- to represent community and constituent interests in transportation planning decisions faced by City Council;
- to provide feedback to staff on projects relating to walking and bicycling. City of Columbia staff will consider recommendations from the BPAC along with input from other members of the public during decision making; and
- to develop and implement initiatives with Council support to improve upon the bicycle and pedestrian culture of the City of Columbia.
The BPAC generally meets the second Monday of every month. Meetings are open to the public.
- July 19, 2021 Meeting Agenda - this meeting is virtual; please see the agenda for information on how to participate remotely.
It is the policy of the City of Columbia that all City-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in this meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call the City’s ADA Coordinator at (803) 545-3009 or e-mail [email protected] as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.
Upcoming Local Events
- August 9, 2021, BPAC meeting, 4:30pm, Earlewood Park Community Center
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Counts, Various Locations City-wide:
- September 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, & 16; 7:30-9:30am
- September 11 & 18; 10:00am -12:00pm
- September 20, 2021, BPAC meeting, 4:30pm, Richland Library Main, Meeting Room 213
- September 17, 2021, PARK(ing) Day, 10:00am-4:00pm; throughout downtown Columbia
- Parklet Applications are due August 20th
Projects & Initiatives
Helpful Links & Documents
- Cynthia Watson, Chair (March 2022)
- Pamela Bynoe-Reed (December 2022)
- Zach Cavanaugh (March 2024)
- Derek Davis (March 2024)
- Christina Galardi (October 2022)
- Anna Gilbert (March 2024)
- Douglas Giovanetti (March 2024)
- George Kokolis (March 2022)
- Carmen Latimer (March 2024)
- Jennifer Leaphart (March 2024)
- Betsy Newman (December 2022)
- Rachel Thomason John (December 2022)
- Mary Scott-Chancey Williams (March 2024)