The City of Columbia will host 10 public meetings throughout the City regarding Columbia Compass, the ten-year update to the City of Columbia’s comprehensive plan. This 12 to 18-month effort will result in a plan that the City’s citizens and policy makers can use as a blueprint to help navigate our future. Your input is vital as we seek to define a vision for Columbia, and identify the policies, programs, and infrastructure investments necessary to make that vision a reality. These meetings will include a brief presentation followed by interactive activities, and will be identical in format to one another. They have been scheduled as follows:
- November 13, 2018, Pinehurst Park Community Center, 2300 Pinehurst Road, 6pm
- November 14, 2018, Woodland Park Community Center, 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, 6pm
- November 14, 2018, Arsenal Hill Community Center, 1800 Lincoln Street, 6pm
- November 15, 2018, Eau Claire Print Building, 3907 Ensor Avenue, 6pm
- November 26, 2018, Columbia Fire Department Station #16, 131 Lake Murray Boulevard, 6pm
- November 27, 2018, Greenview Park Community Center, 6700 David Street, 6pm
- November 27, 2018, Heathwood Park Neighborhood Center, 800 Abelia Road, 6pm
- November 28, 2018, Emily Douglas Park Neighborhood Center, 2500 Wheat Street, 6pm
- November 29, 2018, The Members Club at Woodcreek, 300 Club Ridge Road, 6pm
- December 6, 2018, Woodland Park Community Center, 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, 6pm
The planning process will result in a vision and document which can help guide City Council as they Envision 2036 – when Columbia will celebrate its 250th year, or semiquincentennial. Elements of the plan research and analysis will include Columbia’s population, natural resources, land use, transportation, housing, community facilities, cultural resources, and economic development.
The cultural resources element of the plan is a partnership with the ongoing Amplify planning process. For more information about Amplify, visit www.amplifycolumbia.com.
For more information about Columbia Compass: Envision 2036, visit www.columbiacompass.org, follow @ColaCompass on Facebook or Twitter, or contact the Planning and Development Services Department at 803-545-3222. Please also consider signing up for our email list to be notified of future events and engagement opportunities by visiting our website!