Have a voice.
The City of Columbia has a number of Boards and Commissions with which citizen participation is vital.
Joining one is one way citizens can volunteer and get involved with their city government. The boards and commissions serve mostly in an advisory capacity to various city departments. But some also hear appeals, provide expertise, advocate, and advise City Council. The Mayor and City Council seek diversity and balance in making appointment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Current Openings: Application
- Board of Zoning Appeals (BOZA)- Two (2) vacancies (September 2020)
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) - Three (3) vacancies
- Columbia Tree and Appearance Commission (CTAC)- One (1) vacancy
- Design/Development Review Commission (DDRC) - One (1) vacancy for general appointment
- Planning Commission (PC)- Two (2) Vacancies
Please see the above links for more information on each board/committee/commission.