Speak Out 2017: A Conversation on Fair Housing - Affordability
The City of Columbia Community Development Dept. invites citizens and community leaders to discuss issues facing residents regarding affordable housing within the City.
Who: City of Columbia Community Development Department
What: Invites Citizens and Community Leaders to Attend a Free Breakfast Meeting/Conversation called “Speak Out!”
When: Thursday October 26th, 2017 at 8:30am
Where: Woodforest National Bank located at 3730 North Main Street, Columbia, SC
What Is Speak Out!?
- Speak Out is a quarterly conversation surrounding issues of Equal Opportunity within our community. Each conversation has a focus and this conversation will focus on affordable housing within the city: what’s working and what could be and should be improved.
Who is invited to this event?
- Anyone who has a stake in Equal Opportunity and Housing Affordability in our community is invited to Speak Out. Everyone deserves decent safe, decent and affordable housing. Where a person live affects many aspects of life, from grocery store options to employment opportunities and overall health and safety.
Why is the City hosting this event and why is the City hosting the Speak Out series?
- The City of Columbia Community Development department is mandated to delve into issues that face our citizens so that we can better understand how we can be of assistance to the most vulnerable of us. The Speak Out series aims to tackle the Impediments to Equal Opportunity and Fair Housing that we have identified through a study that we perform periodically. We cannot best serve the community without exploring the needs of the community and for that we need Citizens input.
Upcoming Speak Out Events Include:
- January 2018 – Poor Credit History Preventing Homeownership Opportunities
- April 2018 – Concentration of Racial/Ethnic Segregation and Disability Discrimination
For more information about Speak Out! A Conversation on Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity please contact the City of Columbia Community Development Department @ (803) 545-3373.